This shows a devastating fire at the Mason Lodge in May 1912 .According to a newspaper report at the time a public hall and library were burned to the ground, a butcher's shop gutted, and a garage and two motor cars burned.The butcher at the time was James Johnstone, his wife first noticed the fire. The newspaper suggests that earlier in the day a lighted match had been dropped in the lumber-room and h dbeen smouldering. Damage was estimated as at least £2000. Thanks to Aileen Osborne of Lochview for supplying the photograph
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.